CBD Capsule: Uses, Benefits, Dosage, and Other Considerations
More and more people are choosing to take CBD, or cannabidiol, to help overcome a range of conditions: from insomnia and anxiety to chronic pain and epilepsy. The anti-inflammatory and anti-convulsive properties have already helped thousands of people. CBD oil capsules, which is a way of taking CBD, has also been growing in popularity.
CBD capsules are becoming a highly saturated market, and this guide will help you navigate it. We’ll go through everything you need to know – what CBD capsules are, what uses they have, and how you should take them.
What Are CBD Capsules?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is derived from the hemp plant, and CBD capsules are pill tablets or soft gels that contain CBD oil. CBD is widely used for therapeutic purposes, such as pain relief, improved sleep patterns, and managing anxiety symptoms.
CBD oil capsules can contain the substance in either soft gel, regular capsule, or pill form. Inside the capsule, CBD oil is usually supplemented by other ingredients to fill out the capsule and provide additional benefits. For example, a common ingredient is coconut oil, which has beneficial properties of its own. It also helps CBD oil work faster.
Depending on the product, capsules can also contain other cannabinoids, terpenes, amino acids, and vitamins. It is better to stay informed on what your CBD capsule contains. Make sure the list of ingredients is as short as possible so that you can be confident in its quality.
Along with CBD capsules, there are CBD gummies that fall under the same category of edibles. If edibles do not suit or interest you, take a look at other methods for taking CBD:
- Tincture – This is a very popular choice among consumers. Tinctures are CBD oil in dropper bottles, which you consume by placing drops under your tongue.
- Vapor – CBD vape juice/e-liquid is specially formulated for vape pens or e-cigarettes. It is by far the fastest-acting form of CBD since the effects kick in in just a couple of minutes.
- Topical – This category includes CBD lotions, massage oils, cooling gels, and other similar products. They work best for specific areas on the body where most of the pain is concentrated.
CBD Capsules Benefits
The field of CBD research is growing rapidly. Which is leading to many revelations that are shedding more light on CBD capsules’ effects. As time goes on, researchers are uncovering essential details on how CBD works; in addition to finding more and more applications for this substance.
To date, we can distinguish CBD capsules benefits for the following conditions:
- Depression: Research indicates that CBD has an antidepressant-like effect. By activating 5-HT1A receptors in the brain, it acts similarly to traditional medication but with no side effects.
- Anxiety: You can also use CBD capsules for anxiety. A study on generalized social anxiety disorder (SAD) concluded that subjects with SAD experience reduced symptoms with the use of CBD.
- Insomnia: CBD can relieve general insomnia and sleep disturbances. Therefore, you can easily tackle sleep concerns with CBD capsules for sleep.
- PTSD (Posttraumatic Stress Disorder): PTSD is closely associated with anxiety and disordered sleep patterns, which CBD can help with. One case study revealed that CBD caused a maintained decrease in anxiety and a steady improvement in the quality and quantity of the patient’s sleep.
- Epilepsy: Cannabinoid-based treatments for epilepsy has resulted in a 36%-52% decrease in monthly occurrences of seizures.
- Chronic pain: You can also use CBD oil capsules for pain, which is confirmed by multiple studies. For example, there is a growing body of research on pain relief for individuals with arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and chronic nerve pain.
- Cancer-related nausea and vomiting: Cancer patients can use CBD capsules for pain, nausea, and vomiting caused by treatments such as chemotherapy. Research shows a decrease in these symptoms by 50%.
- Acne and other skin conditions: Administration of CBD inhibited the actions of various compounds that contribute to acne. Researchers concluded that CBD properties could become a therapeutic agent for the treatment of acne as well as psoriasis.
- Addiction withdrawal: For people in addiction recovery, CBD has been demonstrated to reduce an individual’s craving for nicotine or heroin considerably.
Green Papas is committed to producing CBD products that meet your highest expectations. Our organic CBD capsules are no exception. They are made from non-GMO industrial hemp, and the full spectrum formula provides a wide range of benefits. Our experience and expertise with CBD products allow us to offer the best product on the market on favorable terms. For more information, visit our stores in New York and start living your life to the fullest.
Are CBD Capsules Right for You?
Whatever form you choose to take your CBD with, it will be useful and beneficial for your health. But certain CBD products have subtle but sometimes significant differences. Let’s see whether CBD hemp oil capsules are an excellent fit for you. Here are some reasons for choosing this method:
- It’s tasteless and odorless. Typically, CBD oil will have a particular flavor reminding you of the cannabis plant – a bit earthy or bitter. There are often added flavors like mint, which change the taste. However, if you want your CBD to have no taste and no odor, take a CBD oil capsule.
- It’s discreet. Even though CBD is legal in all states, some people prefer not to disclose their personal health information. Unlike, sublingual tinctures and especially vapes with CBD liquids, CBD hemp oil capsules will not attract any attention from other people.
- It’s easy to take. When you learn your preferred dosage, which we will help you determine below, you will no longer need to measure out the correct amount, like with oils. This consistency is very beneficial if you want to take CBD on the go, or you just want to get it quickly. Think of it as a daily vitamin – take your capsule and go about your day.
Overall, if you want to simplify the process of your CBD intake, CBD hemp oil capsules will be a great addition to your daily routine. However, this doesn’t mean that CBD capsules are a perfect fit for everyone. Some might want to consider other alternatives. At the very least, you should know the minor downsides of this form of CBD.
Most importantly, you need to account for a longer onset time. Before CBD enters your bloodstream and interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system, it will have to travel through your digestive system. It will take you somewhere between 30 and 90 minutes. Also, some of the CBD will get lost in the digestive process. Meaning, you might have to increase your dosage to get a noticeable effect.
If you don’t mind these inconveniences, you should try CBD capsules to benefit from their wonderful properties. Alternatively, if you want a faster-acting form of CBD, experiment with other methods. In any case, you will experience the effect – just at slightly different times.
Full-Spectrum or Isolate?
Full-spectrum CBD includes the entire phytocannabinoid profile of the Cannabis plant, such as CBD, THC, and terpenes. This collection maximizes its therapeutic profile and provides you with incredible effects. However, some people prefer not to consume any THC for various reasons, which is why they seek other alternatives.
The staple of pure CBD is isolate. They do not contain cannabinoids or terpenes other than CBD. CBD isolate extracts have advantages and disadvantages compared to the others. On the one hand, it is suitable for those who wish to consume CBD exclusively with no traces of THC. On the other hand, it misses some of the benefits. If you can, try out various products to figure out what suits your health and wellness goals.
CBD Oil vs. Capsules
As has been said previously, the debate of “CBD capsules vs. oil” is not based on which one has more health benefits or something along those lines. Essentially, it is a matter of preference. Some prefer taking capsules for their convenience. For many, taking a capsule is easy and quick, which is no different than taking any other pill.
Another point in the “CBD oil vs. capsules” conversation is measuring the dosage. Measuring CBD with droplets creates room for mistakes. With oil, you always have to make sure you have the correct number of drops, whereas you can pop the preferred number of capsules and go.
However, if you want to feel the effects quickly, CBD capsules should not be your first choice. CBD oil is absorbed much faster, which is an essential factor to consider. You don’t have to wait until your body digests the capsule.
Whether you choose CBD oil or capsules, you can count on Green Papas to bring you the best product on the market. Purity is a concern for CBD consumers since some products can contain artificial sweeteners, dyes, and other questionable ingredients, which is not the case with us. The quality of our CBD capsules is verified by third-party testing, so when you buy our product, you can be confident in what you get.
How to Take CBD Capsules
There are no strict rules on how you should consume CBD capsules. Typically, people place a CBD capsule on the tip of their tongue and swallow it with about a glass of water. If you want to maximize the results, you can take the capsule every day at the same time. This way, your body gets used to the routine and, in a way, prepares itself for the next dose.
However, you should stick to the method and routine that feels the most natural to you. Otherwise, you will not keep up with it. CBD gel capsules do not irritate the stomach or cause discomfort. Therefore, you can take them without water, if you don’t have any nearby.
As for the rule of taking CBD at approximately the same time, act as you see fit. In general, you can take it whenever you might need to feel the effects – when you travel, at your workplace, or even when you are stuck in traffic. Remember that the onset is not immediate, so you might still want to have a rough schedule of when you might need it.
How Much CBD Should You Take?
Your CBD capsules dosage mainly determines the intensity of the effects. Most studies on oral CBD have used doses in the range from 100 to 800 mg/day. However, a typical starting dose for regular consumers is one to six mg per 10 pounds of body weight.
When you purchase any product containing CBD, it should state supplement facts describing the amount of CBD per serving. For example, a CBD oil capsule may contain 25 mg of CBD extract. So, depending on your weight, calculate how many capsules you should take. If the minimal dosage does not cause adverse effects like fatigue, you may slowly increase it.
Overall, your dosage should be based on your body weight, tolerance, and other factors like medication you may be taking. It is recommended to seek a consultation with a specialist who has the expertise to determine what kind of product and dosage you need.
Once you find a dose that works, you can stick with it for a long time. According to the World Health Organization report, unlike THC, no tolerance was observed at any doses of CBD. That means you can continue taking your dosage of CBD as long as you want.
Some people don’t mind the taste of CBD oils, whereas others find it bitter or just inconvenient to use. If you are not particularly keen on the taste of raw, organic hemp oil, CBD capsules may be an excellent alternative. CBD capsules will provide all the expected benefits of this therapeutic substance but in a new, easy-to-use form.
For many people, the cost can be a barrier for those who want to use CBD on a regular basis. Green Papas NYC strives to break that barrier. Our affordable CBD capsules are a top pick for many people as they are a high-quality product made from superior ingredients. Order your CBD product of choice for an exceptionally good price and expect your delivery to arrive very soon.