What Can CBD Lotion Do for Your Pain?
People living with chronic pain conditions know that they cause a range of other problems, such as troubled sleep, anxiety, and depression. There are many natural solutions used to solve these problems. Patients try exercising and mind-body practices such as acupuncture, massage therapy, meditation, relaxation techniques, spinal manipulation, and yoga.
However, using CBD and, specifically, CBD lotion can make the most significant positive change if you struggle with pain. This naturally found chemical is widely used to manage different pain conditions. It can prove to be very useful, as it doesn’t make you feel high or cause physical dependency.
Does CBD lotion work? The research on CBD products and pain management has been very promising. We will take a more in-depth look into CBD lotion benefits, the science behind it, how to use it, and even how to make your own.
How Does CBD Lotion Work?
The top medical condition for using CBD, according to a survey, is pain. Moreover, over a third of respondents reported that CBD treated their medical condition very well by itself, whereas only less than 5% claimed: “not very well.”
It appears that CBD has been working exceptionally well for the majority of users, which confirms that you can use CBD lotion for back pain, arthritis, migraines, and other types of pain. But what does the research tell us about the therapeutic potential of CBD?
The National Academies of Sciences, Medicine, and Engineering reviewed decades of CBD and cannabis research and presented nearly 100 conclusions related to the health effects of cannabinoid use. They concluded that CBD has therapeutic properties when it comes to pain symptoms. This report alone makes a good case in favor of using CBD lotion for pain.
Our goal at Green Papas is to help people struggling with pain conditions live more comfortably. Our top-quality CBD body butter, creams, and massage oils will change your life for the better. These products only contain organic ingredients and no harmful chemicals. If you want to learn more, visit our stores in New York, and our specialists will help you find the right product.
Existing Research on CBD and Pain
The most groundbreaking research on cannabinoids came from this systematic review and meta-analysis. The team of researchers examined results from almost 80 previous studies on CBD. Their conclusions point out to the fact that CBD successfully addresses various medical conditions, including chronic pain.
A 2017 study makes a strong case for CBD lotion for arthritis, among other conditions. Researchers injected animal models with CBD, directly into an artery in their knee joints to treat arthritis. The results showed a significant change in inflammation and a noticeable decrease in pain-related behaviors. The previous behaviors included shaking or withdrawing the affected limbs or an inability to carry anything in those limbs.
Another animal study supports an argument for CBD lotion for arthritis pain. Similar to the previous study, the rats were injected with a dose of CBD into their knee joints. What was particular about this study is that some animal models were massaged with a gel containing CBD gel.
The levels of CBD in their bloodstream correlated to the reduction in inflammation. Interestingly, the two highest doses of CBD were associated with the most significant changes in inflammation. The study also showed that the lower the treatment, the lesser the effect CBD had on the models.
What Further Research Will Reveal
Currently, the most significant amount of information is gathered from animal studies. There is a need to conduct other studies taking into account the specifics of human physiology. You cannot substitute doing proper human studies, so future CBD studies will carve a bigger path for CBD medication.
The only study that acts as a Phase 2 clinical trial is using CBD gel in 320 patients with knee osteoarthritis over 12 weeks. Unfortunately, before legislators and the FDA introduce CBD as a substitute for pain medication, it should be studied more closely on human subjects. This will create the market for specific products, such as CBD lotion for eczema, dry skin, acne, etc.
How to Make CBD Lotion
If you have that “do it yourself” itch, you can make CBD body cream at home. Surprisingly, it is not difficult to learn how to make CBD lotion – you need to find the best oils and butter. Just like with any other recipe, the quality and potency of your CBD lotion are determined by the ingredients.
This CBD lotion recipe uses Green Papas NY CBD oil, which will help youachieve the desired effect. These oils are properly extracted from American grown hemp, which ensures you get the highest quality product. Order our oils to take advantage of the best CBD-infused products available on the market.
Ingredients for this CBD oil lotion recipe are:
- 2 tsp CBD oil or tincture
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- ½ cup shea butter (you can use cocoa butter as an alternative)
- ⅓ cup aloe vera gel
- 2 tbsp vegetable glycerine (optional)
- Any fragrant essential oil
The list of materials you will need includes:
- Double boiler
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Handmixer or blender
- Glass container
Here are the steps you need to take:
- Have all your ingredients measured and prepared before you start cooking.
- Fill the bottom pot of a double boiler with one or two inches of water. If you don’t have a double boiler, try using a glass or metal bowl that fits on top of a pot without touching the bottom.
- Add the top pot and turn on your burner to a simmer.
- Add the shea butter and coconut oil and let it melt until there are no lumps. Make sure to stir constantly to prevent the mixture from scorching.
- Once the ingredients are combined and smooth, take them off the heat. Pour it into the blender and let it sit to cool off for an hour. Scrape the sides with the spatula.
- Add the rest of the ingredients along with your preferred dose of CBD oil. Blend the mixture until smooth and transfer it to another container.
This DIY CBD lotion will be useful to use for up to two weeks, unrefrigerated. To preserve the lotion longer, you might want to add vitamin E, which will extend the shelf life up to a month. Before you using the lotion, bring it to room temperature or heat it in your hands. Also, consider adding CBD isolate to lotion instead of full-spectrum as well as different flavors of essential oils.
Solving Problems with Homemade CBD Lotion
It can be tricky to find the right product, but it can even be harder to make your own. Fortunately, there are ways to mitigate the most common problems when making your own CBD oil lotion for pain. Here are some issues and their solutions:
- Grainy texture – Put the mixture into a blender once again and add some more glycerine in small amounts
- Too dense – Consider adding more aloe vera gel to thin it out. Alternatively, you can make the lotion lighter by whipping it to the desired state
- Too diluted – Melt some shea butter and coconut oil and whip into the mix
- Not potent enough – Add more of your preferred CBD tincture until you have the needed concentration.
How Much CBD Should You Use?
You may not know your correct dosage of CBD oil lotion straightaway. If you haven’t used CBD before, you need to start with lower-end dosages. Typically, each ounce (30 ml) of commercially available lotion will have around 100 mg of CBD. You may start by recreating these proportions when you are making your own.
On the other hand, it is also common to have creams or CBD infused body butters with 300-500 mg per ounce or even more. Since there are no recorded accounts of CBD intoxication or overdoses, it will be perfectly safe. The worst thing you can expect is feeling a bit groggy. To be on the safer side, don’t experiment with your doses before driving. Otherwise, feel free to adjust your dosage up or down as needed slowly.
How to Apply CBD Topicals
There is a special technique you can use to maximize the results of using CBD-infused lotion. You don’t want to use too much, and it might take you some time to figure out your sweet spot. Take into consideration your body weight, the severity of the condition, and the strength of the CBD hemp lotion.
Here are the steps to apply CBD lotion correctly:
- Clean the area. If you know where on the body the pain is concentrated, wash the area locally with soap and water or take a shower. Remove any clothing, pieces of jewelry, or other objects that cover the area. Remember that applying CBD cream to open wounds is not safe.
- Use your finger, and take a small amount of cream and put it directly on the area. Massage it gently in a circular motion for several minutes until fully absorbed.
- Leave it for some time, as it doesn’t come into effect immediately. It is not recommended to re-apply the cream before the previous dose has the chance to work.
- Use the lotion daily and pay close attention to how it affects you. If the pain isn’t relieved, consider increasing the dose. Make sure you do it gradually and keep track of your progress. Alternatively, you can start using the lotion twice a day.
- You can also supplement your lotion with other CBD-infused products, such as oils, edibles, etc. Be mindful of your dosage as you don’t need to use more than necessary.
Advantages of CBD lotion
he main reason for using CBD body lotion is the convenience of using it locally. The lotion allows you to relieve pain in a specific part of the body. Compared to other forms of CBD (tinctures, gummies, capsules, vape), the lotion can be used as a targeted treatment.
It doesn’t mean that other products will not work for localized pain. However, many people appreciate that they can easily control the affected area. Besides, the process of massaging the area promotes blood circulation, which is beneficial in itself.
CBD lotion is also inconspicuous for on-the-go use. You can carry the tub without anyone suspecting anything. Lastly, these products contain additional proprietary ingredients, which help you in many other ways – Coconut Oil, Butter, Jojoba Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Baobab Oil, Vitamin E.
To sum up, here are the main benefits of using topical CBD:
- Provides localized relief
- Doesn’t attract attention
- Additional benefits such as moisturizing dry skin
- Convenient for traveling
- Suitable for non-vapers
Disadvantages of CBD lotion
Having considered all the advantages, we should also take a look at the downsides. The biggest one is that CBD massage oil has a lower bioavailability than CBD e-liquids and tinctures. It means that the administered dose is absorbed at a slower pace and takes more time to reach the systemic circulation system.
Also, while CBD lotions are great at treating chronic pain, it is less effective at treating other conditions, such as anxiety, depression, or seizures. Lastly, it is harder to figure out your correct dosage with CBD creams.
- Low bioavailability
- Limited to pain/skin issues
- Hard to determine the right dosage
Finding the Best CBD Lotion
As the access to CBD topical lotion continues to increase due to favorable legislation, the industry is rapidly growing along with it. However, you need to make sure you are using the right products. After all, CBD lotion for pain relief is an alternative to conventional medication, so you need to approach your choice responsibly.
Fortunately, you can always put your trust in Green Papas in New York City. Our CBD pain lotion and other CBD products will benefit your physical and mental health. We meet the highest extraction and production standards in the industry so that our customers can be confident in our product. All our products are reasonably priced, so make your purchase today and start living pain-free.