Scientifically Backed CBD Cream Benefits and Uses
People are looking for the best way to utilize the therapeutic properties of cannabidiol (CBD). Some of them are likely to run into not only CBD oil, but also a variety of CBD creams and other topicals.
The growing market of CBD-infused products and favorable regulations have allowed more people to reap the benefits of CBD cream. Many people are successfully using CBD cream for pain, but the applications have an extensive range. This guide offers a closer look at CBD creams, what they do, how to find the best one, and everything else you need to know.
What Is CBD Cream?
CBD cream fits into the category of CBD-infused topicals along with lotions, salves, or cooling gels, etc. When applied to the skin, these products provide relief on the surface. Additionally, depending on the potency and absorption, it will even penetrate deeper into the muscle tissue.
As the name suggests, CBD topical cream contains phytocannabinoid CBD. The variety of creams available on the market includes isolated CBD, with no other cannabinoids, and full-spectrum CBD containing minor cannabinoids and terpenes. In order to be considered a genuinely full-spectrum CBD, the product must contain all naturally occurring therapeutic parts of the hemp plant. They provide additional benefits for consumers.
The entourage effects on the Endocannabinoid System are responsible for the positive impact on many health conditions. The ECS is an innate, central regulatory system managing immune health in all tissues, cells, and organs. The compound interacts with the ECS and encourages homeostasis, in other words, whole-body balance.
Does CBD Cream Work?
Let’s look into the specifics of the ECS interaction with CBD. The ECS in the human body receives and translates signals from cannabinoids. One major takeaway from various studies is the ESC is, unfortunately, easy to throw out of balance. Stress levels, diet, and exercise all have an influence, and our modern lifestyles may be taking a toll on this natural system.
So how does CBD cream work? Most cannabinoids can bind to two types of receptors – CB1 & CB2. They are essential for a healthy functioning brain and immune system. When you apply CBD topicals, the skin absorbs cannabinoids so that they can interact with cannabinoid receptors nearby.
When dealing with topicals, it is imperative to pick the products with decent CBD concentration. Human skin, in general, is not very permeable. So, there should be enough active agents for your skin pores to absorb it.
Green Papas’ extensive array of products ought to satisfy even the pickiest customer. We present a wide range of products from flavored CBD tinctures to hemp-infused cooling gels. Our innovative formula of CBD daily cream provides pain relief to hundreds of customers, and you can become one of them. We use non-genetically modified hemp cultivated completely organically and use no insecticides used in the growing process.
CBD Cream for Pain and Other Health Conditions
The PubMed database of biomedical literature from science journals offers dozens of studies highlighting its healing potential. The topic has been studied from different perspectives, providing a well-rounded look at the capabilities of CBD.
Here are the main CBD cream uses and benefits backed by scientific evidence.
1.Providing Pain Relief
When it comes to using CBD pain relief cream for chronic conditions, there is evidence suggesting CBD exhibits analgesic activity, especially in neuropathic pain. The main reason is that the ECS is responsible, in particular, for pain modulation. There is a growing body of research on more specific types of pain, such as CBD for migraines, muscle pain, etc.
Before the industry starts formulating specialized CBD cream for arthritis pain or CBD cream for back pain, we need to find out more in-depth information. The limitations for current research include short treatment duration, small numbers of patients, slim patient diversity, etc.
2. Battling Depression and Anxiety
The benefits of CBD cream are also associated with reduced stress levels. CBD shows a lot of promises in helping people cope with depression, according to research. The administration of CBD treatments produces antidepressant-like actions in animal models. It has been found to be compatible with the effects of antidepressant medication. Animals treated with CBD showcased similar results to animals treated with imipramine, a prescription drug.
In another experiment with 24 subjects, one group was given CBD in a dose of 600 mg, while the second group received a placebo. The participants were then asked to deliver a public speech. The CBD group had greater reduced levels of anxiety and psychological discomfort than the placebo group.
3. Combatting Acne and Other Skin Conditions
The limitations of existing medication explain the need to discover new ways of treating acne and other skin conditions. Currently, the drugs offered cause multiple side effects, caused the body to build up a tolerance, and threw off the hormonal balance, etc. Here are the studies specifying anti-acne properties of CBD:
- Using CBD skin cream can prevent acne through sebostatic and anti-inflammatory effects. A study found that a combination of CBD effects has the same potential as a therapeutic agent acne vulgaris.
- Another study used pure CBD cream to see whether it could remove acne scars. The results showed that topical treatment with CBD-enriched ointment significantly improved the skin parameters.
- A study on inflammatory skin diseases also backs a therapeutic effect of CBD-enriched ointment. The benefit of using CBD cream for eczema was based on skin evaluations, clinical questionnaires, and supported by photographic data.
4. Alleviation of Cancer-Related Symptoms
Symptoms related to malignant tumors and their treatment include pain, the queasiness in the stomach, and vomiting. If the discomfort is concentrated in a particular part of the body, you can use CBD oil cream for pain relief.
In a study for cancer-related pain, patients taking CBD showed a reduction of more than 30% from baseline pain score, when compared with the placebo. Also, CBD is a favorable alternative for traditional painkillers because of its efficacy, as well as the absence of severe side effects.
Side Effects from CBD Cream
As stated by the update on safety and side effects of cannabidiol, CBD is generally well-tolerated even in high doses. However, as with any supplement or medication, there is a possibility of experiencing CBD cream side effects. There have been rare cases of adverse effects, including:
- changes in appetite
- weight gain or weight loss
Further long-term studies will help determine the specifics and frequency of side effects of CBD. At this point, researchers agree on the general safety of this compound. Some studies even examined the use of CBD on children and found it safe and appropriate for a wide range of conditions.
There are concerns regarding various drug interactions with CBD. Particularly, CBD might also interfere with an enzyme called cytochrome P450 complex. It could potentially lead to liver damage. Also, if you use blood thinner medication, you should consult with your healthcare provider to be extra cautious.
How to Use CBD Cream
Luckily for consumers, using CBD creams is extremely easy. If you are using CBD topical cream for pain, you need to locate the spot where the pain or discomfort is concentrated. Then you should apply the cream around that area to localize the treatment. It is no different than using a regular moisturizing lotion – you just don’t use it as liberally.
However, there is the challenge of determining what kind of dosage you need to administer. Start calculating the dosage by looking up the concentration on the bottle. The label should say how many milligrams of CBD it contains, and you can gauge how many scoops you need to see the therapeutic effects.
One downside of using CBD massage creams and similar products is that the onset of the effects takes some time. In any case, we recommend starting with a lower dosage just as you would with any other CBD product. The quality of the product will determine how effective this treatment will be.
Transparency is a priority at Green Papas. We want our customers to know in detail how our products are created and what they contain. We regularly subject our CBD products to third-party lab tests, and you can browse the results on our website. This policy ensures highly positive reviews from our satisfied customers. Aside from CBD creams, we have branched out to other similarly acclaimed products, all of which are offered at a reasonable price.
Different Ways to Use CBD
A very convenient feature of CBD is that you can choose various forms and experience similar beneficial effects. A wide selection of options ensures that anyone can find a way to fit CBD usage into their daily routines. Here are the most common forms of taking CBD:
- Topical creams – As you already know, there is a wide range of products formulated especially for external use. You can use a CBD face cream or a CBD foot cream and target a specific area on your body. Make sure to apply a sufficient amount to feel noticeable effects.
- Tinctures – This form is considered the original way to consume CBD. Typically, they only have several ingredients, including natural oil. The healthy fats found in coconut oil, for example, help the body process CBD more efficiently. You take it by putting some CBD drops under your tongue and then waiting at least 10 seconds before ingesting.
- Edibles – This is a broad category of CBD products. Some people want to combine the medicinal effects with a delicious treat like CBD oil gummy bears. However, it takes the longest time to come into full effect, but it is not a huge drawback.
- CBD Vaporizing – You can purchase a specialized vape pen or repurpose your normal vape with a CBD-infused e-ligiid. While it is not the most convenient method for some, it is the fastest-acting.
Is CBD Addictive?
The short answer is no, CBD is not addictive. Unlike the usage of marijuana products, there is no indication that you can build up a tolerance for CBD or develop a physical dependency. Time and time again, human and animal studies have demonstrated the complete safety associated with CBD use. The most probable psychological effects that you may experience include the feeling of relaxation and happiness.
If you are contemplating using CBD oil cream, you should have no worries about experiencing any medical complications. Moreover, researchers suggest that CBD is likely to become a full substitute for various traditional prescription medications. The reason is that while it provides the same medicinal effects, it causes minimal to no side effects.
Tips for Picking a CBD Cream
If you’re looking to give a CBD pain cream a try, make sure to use the best product you can get your hands on. Since the industry is mostly underregulated, you need to know how to spot a reliable company. Here is what you should take into consideration:
- Don’t trust outrageous claims. There is indeed sufficient research that backs up the benefits of CBD. However, stay away from companies that try to assure you that their products cure cancer or something like that.
- See whether the company specialists are knowledgeable about the topic. When you ask for a consultation, you should receive expertise and professional advice. Your particular condition may require something other than hemp CBD cream, and they should help you out in the selection of the right product.
- Read the label carefully. Firstly, look at the ingredients – there shouldn’t be anything other than those that are absolutely necessary. Secondly, check if you are allergic to any of them. Lastly, look for the CBD concentration of the product to see how potent it is.
- Look for online reviews and testimonials. Do the website feature reviews and personal stories? If the company has nothing to hide, they will proudly display what their customers think about their product.
When it comes to picking a specific CBD cream for pain relief, research is essential. Not all CBD products are created equal, and Green Papas puts a particular emphasis on making the best product they can. What you see on the bottle’s label is precisely what’s in it. All products are tested and verified for a measurable amount of CBD inside. Make a positive change in your life with our affordable and effective CBD.